• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer is not helping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stoklee

What is the name of your state? OH

In November 2006 I sent the required information to my lawyer to get permission to purchase a used vehicle. I have had no response. In March 2007, I sent the same information to the Trustee handling my case. Approximately 3 weeks ago, I called my lawyers office to let him know my husband and I can not get to work. Our vehicle is literally falling apart. He still has not gotten back to us. We no longer have a vehicle, without one we can not get to work, which also means without jobs, we can not make our plan payments. What can we do about this. Who can we hold accountable for this. Not being able to get to our places of employment is TRAGIC!!!!!!!!! Please someone give me some direction.

Ladynred

You need to contact the Trustee's office again, call them, and let them know that your lawyer is NOT RESPONDING and not helping. Your lawyer is supposed to be doing his job FOR YOU and he apparently isn't, and the Trustee and the court needs to know that.

Let the Trustee know that w/o vehicles you'll have no jobs, no jobs = no plan payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">