• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



If an indigent person who has retained an attorney runs out of funds just before trail will the state (Washington) countine to pay the attorney or must the indigent person be assigned a public defender?



You have to switch over to a public defender unless it's so close to trial that the judge refuses to let the private attorney withdraw (not!). The judge will just grant a continuance and delay trial until the PD can get up to speed.

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential