• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LB ? what usually happens...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smokeybear

LB-what does a judge uually do about a small child being in a house of heavy smokers? He smells so bad when I pick him up! And we all know how horrible second hand smoke is for anyone, especailly those who cannot defend themselves. And if they order her and her husband not to smoke in his presence and they dont stop ( i will surely be able to smell it) then what?

LegalBeagle

smokeybear said:
LB-what does a judge uually do about a small child being in a house of heavy smokers? He smells so bad when I pick him up! And we all know how horrible second hand smoke is for anyone, especailly those who cannot defend themselves. And if they order her and her husband not to smoke in his presence and they dont stop ( i will surely be able to smell it) then what?
IF you are successful, a judge would order her to stop all people smoking aroung the child.. if they refused or ignored the order, you would have a stronger case for custody.. which is the route I think you should take anyway..

S

smokeybear

Do you think the picture with the beeer bottle and her chain smoking is strong enough to go for custody? I think shes a good mom-to a point. She provides good basic care and I am sure she loves the child. But I think exposing a child to second hand smoke and drinking is not a good thing to do. But is this enough for a court to grant me custody? If this would go so far as to go into court and have her ordered to not smoke around the child I am almost sure she wouldnt stop-then are you saying go for custody or right now becaue of what we already have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">