• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lead problem in apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michelle_miller

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

we have rented an apartment since december. when we moved in, we filled out a sheet to send back to the landlord stating what was wrong with the apartment. we told them that the paint was badly peeling. we never heard back from them. i was pregnant when we moved in, and conceived my daughter in june. our lease is not over until december.

i bought an at home lead-based paint test kit and it came back as positive. i told our landlords about it, and they are not planning to do anything about it, not even have it tested. because this is a hazard to my daughter, are we allowed to break our lease and get our security deposit back.

oh... when we moved in, our landlords never provided us with the required pamphlet they were supposed to, because the building was built before 1980. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

we took our daughter for bloodwork on aug. 15, but it takes two weeks for the results.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">