• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leak in my condo from upstairs condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jacckk8

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I live in condo, first floor. Leak in my kithcen coming from pipes above my ceiling. Upstairs condo states the leak is from pipes below his floor. We beleive this is a common area and the damge should be covered by "condo association" insurance. No one wants to take responsiblity for the cost of my repairs.

All insurance companies pointing to each other. Damage is over $1000.00.

The water pipes are not for my water needs in my condo. If need be, I will instruct plummer to shut down pipes to stop leak, but that might stop upstairs condo from getting water.

What do i do ..HELP!

TY
JACK

lkc15507

Hey Jacckk8, Can't help with the question, but a bit of friendly advice is to move this to the "Real Estate" forum before some of the less kindly around here turn you into dog piles for such an err in judgement as to post to the wrong forum.

J

jacckk8

Sorry..first time poster here..didn't realize the error!
TY

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">