• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leak Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Posit20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I just bought a condo in a 2 story complex. I live on the second floor. Someone alerted a few of us someone had a possible leak or something minor and everyone to look into it. Since I just bought the condo, I had to replace the shower panel anyways because it had mold everywhere including the thread piece at the top.. and needed a new shower head which sprinkled light while not on but not crazy. So the next day I had someone remove the shower panel to set up the new one to replace it and needed it dumped so the contractor can do his job. So the contractor came by to see if he could do the job and said it was no problem but needs to come back tomorrow to do it. So, he came back the next day and I had bought the new thread piece he instructed me to buy at the store. Then he installed everything and went on his way. The next morning my neighbor said his shower ceiling collapsed. I called the contractor to come back to fix problem which he did but now everything is a big mess. What should I do as the owner and have no idea?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What is a "shower panel"? What is a "thread piece"?

How do you associate the work your contractor did with the problem your neighbor had, especially when you were already informed of some other mysterious problem ("a possible leak or something minor")?

adjusterjack

What should I do as the owner and have no idea?
If the downstairs neighbor is blaming you and asking you to pay for repairs, you stop talking and report the claim to your insurance company.

Your insurance company has experts who will investigate to determine if the downstairs damage was caused by your negligence.

If you were not negligent, your insurance company will deny the claim and defend you.

HRZ

IF you hired an unlicensed plumber to do a plumbing job w/o a permit ...you may be in a big hole for n this one .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">