• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaking from central air

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerzdevl

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have a question in regards to the central air system in my townhouse leaking. We have had issues with this unit leaking 3 times over the past year (once last summer twice this summer) . Last year, the maitance crew "fixed" the problem but it happened again this year. The ceiling leaked onto a loveseat ruining the entire right side as well as causing water stains to the carpet installed by the complex. When I asked the super what the association would do about the couch, he told me they could do nothing but have a carpet cleaner come in and attempt to clean the sofa as water damage is not covered in their insurance. As for the ceiling which had been patched from the second (first this year) leak that it would take weeks to get someone out to fully fix it. There are water stains and what looks like mold on my ceiling covering an area aprroximately 3 feet around. Can you tell me if I have any recourse here? My rent was due yesterday but I was hesitant to pay it until the ceiling is fixed. Is this ok?
I appreciate your help in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">