• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Learner driver insurance on Personal Contract Hire car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tremenderson

Hi,

I want to help my friend get his driving licence. He's looking to get insurance on my car so he can practice with me. My car is a personal contract hire. I've asked the leasing company if that's OK and they replied that they can't allow anyone with a learner driving licence to get insured on it. However, there is nothing in the contract about this, nothing specifically mentioning this.

Are they allowed to prevent from doing this since it's not mentioned in the contract? Or can I just go ahead and help him get his insurance?

Thanks

FlyingRon

We can't read the policy, but frankly, I would suspect there is indeed something about regular, non-listed drivers not being covered. If you don't own the car, you probably also are violating the terms of the lease agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">