• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease Addendum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NikiRich

Colorado
My landlord is trying to collect $30 a month for water/trash, but our lease states that the landlord pays water/trash. My landlord has also asked me to sign an addendum that states that I will pay $30 a month for water/trash, even though we have already signed our lease renewal. Can they add an addendum, after a lease is signed? Can they evict me for non-payment?

adjusterjack

Can they add an addendum, after a lease is signed?
No, not without your consent and signature.

Can they evict me for non-payment?
They can try, nothing stops them from trying, but likely would not be successful.

That being said, do you really want an angry landlord for a year over $30 per month?

If you are renting a house, you should be paying for the water and trash anyway because you're the one using those utilities.

justalayman

No, not without your consent and signature.

They can try, nothing stops them from trying, but likely would not be successful.

That being said, do you really want an angry landlord for a year over $30 per month?

If you are renting a house, you should be paying for the water and trash anyway because you're the one using those utilities.
While they may be using them, apparently the cost was included within the original lease payment so op is paying for them, just not as an itemized issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">