• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease is up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ellie

My tenants have stopped paying their portion of the rent (the balance is subsidized) for the past three months. The lease is up on February 1, 2000. Can I notify them that I do not plan to renew their lease and expect to reenter and take posession of my property on February 1st? Or will I have to evict? The property is located in Ulster County, New York. Thank you for your advise.

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

If they don't vacate voluntarily, you must use legal process.

E

ellie

eviction

I was trying to avoid eviction because of a previous bad experience with this process. I hired an attorney to evict non-paying tenants. It resulted in taking three months and costing $1,200 in legal fees. Was this duration and fee normal? Can you recommend how to proceed at less cost?
Thank you again.

HomeGuru

Hire Vinnie and for $600 cash in unmarked bills, he will make these tenants an offer that they can't refuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">