• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease Lie....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shane31

What is the name of your state? Tx

Back in 95 i was convicted felon served 4 and a half years in prison and have been on parole for 4 years now..never a problem..I LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKES!!!! Anyways I currently moved into a apartment never lied on the app...have you ever been convicted of a felony...Yes i checked it... i explaned to the woman i had been convicted on a few charges ect ect she stated we will have to run a background check...ok (they all do it anyways) 2 days later she called said i had been approved so i tell my P.O. I move in sign 1 year lease in for about a week my P.O.calls to verifiy thats its ok even though i showed her the lease..Talks to the manager who flips out saying she was not aware blah,blah...I guess my P.O. told her my life storie..so now my P.O. says the manager told her its under review...WTF????
So I talked to the manager today to find out what is going on...She tells me that she had called the apt attorney to see what to do she will get back with me later.....

Bottom line...they screwed up!!! I signed the lease i told them i had been convicted of a felony they did a background check i think?
Can they kick me out because they screwed up????

Thanks Shane..I know it's long.......sorry

HomeGuru

shane31 said:
What is the name of your state? Tx

Back in 95 i was convicted felon served 4 and a half years in prison and have been on parole for 4 years now..never a problem..I LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKES!!!! Anyways I currently moved into a apartment never lied on the app...have you ever been convicted of a felony...Yes i checked it... i explaned to the woman i had been convicted on a few charges ect ect she stated we will have to run a background check...ok (they all do it anyways) 2 days later she called said i had been approved so i tell my P.O. I move in sign 1 year lease in for about a week my P.O.calls to verifiy thats its ok even though i showed her the lease..Talks to the manager who flips out saying she was not aware blah,blah...I guess my P.O. told her my life storie..so now my P.O. says the manager told her its under review...WTF????
So I talked to the manager today to find out what is going on...She tells me that she had called the apt attorney to see what to do she will get back with me later.....

Bottom line...they screwed up!!! I signed the lease i told them i had been convicted of a felony they did a background check i think?
Can they kick me out because they screwed up????

Thanks Shane..I know it's long.......sorry
**A: is your lease signed by the landlord or managing agent?

HomeGuru

shane31 said:
Yes Initials and signed......
**A: then your 1 year lease is enforceable unelss there was a contingency expressed in the lease stating subject to a background check etc.

dequeendistress

HomeGuru said:
**A: then your 1 year lease is enforceable unelss there was a contingency expressed in the lease stating subject to a background check etc.
Plagerism is fun. But, his advice is correct, as usual, and I am merely confusing.

S

shane31

ok guys they came back with a big sorry thats it.....
guess they didnt find a loop hole..... huh????

Guess I 'll be here for a year....

Thanks for the info

Shane:D

FarmerJ

Wonderfull news for you NOW make sure you are a good tenant and likley they might offer you a renewal when they see that your being a good tenant caused them no harm . No lates with rent payment and keep your unit in presentable condition and hopefully all will go good , BTW Happy Holidays in your new home .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">