• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lease problem - am I within my rights.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babaiam

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I rented an apartment to our tenants and had them sign a month to month lease valid from 6/1/05 through 5/31/06. We gave the tenants a 30 day notice, and, they said they did not have to move out until 5/31/06.
The lease reads as follows:
MONTH TO MONTH RENTAL AGREEMENT valid from 6/1/05 through 5/31/06 rent being $750.00 per month.
There is also a clause stating landlord and/or tenant can give a 30 day notice.
Am I within my rights.

ENASNI

huh?

babaiam said:

I rented an apartment to our tenants and had them sign a month to month lease valid from 6/1/05 through 5/31/06. We gave the tenants a 30 day notice, and, they said they did not have to move out until 5/31/06.
MONTH TO MONTH RENTAL AGREEMENT valid from 6/1/05 through 5/31/06 rent being $750.00 per month.
Am I within my rights.
You cannot have a month to month agreement with a year lease attached to it. Is this a trick question.. where are you coming from here? Someone from earth help me answer this question.

I am thinking someone is playing with our minds with these questions here. I have not been to the other forums and the full moon is over. This is a weird one or the poster is.

JETX

Yep. Looks to me like the tenant has a month-to-month lease.... with a full one year term.
Looks like the person who drew up that contract for you is an idiot.

south

What a bummer looks like you are stuck with the tenants until next summer.

Im a poet and did not noet.

babaiam said:

Am I within my rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">