• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lease renewal/proper notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chynrain

CALIFORNIA. I recently tried terminating my lease early, by 2 mths. I originally was on a 6mth lease. My husband did not sign our lease and our leasing agent was trying to negotiate a month to month option, which would allow me to leave w/ a shorter notice. (without having to pay for the "buy-out") she stated that their atty says my signature alone was sufficient, and that a 60 day notice was needed. On that day I gave her a verbal notice of intent to vacate at end of lease(which she has documented)that was 60 days ago. Now, when I call her to confirm our move-out date she states I did not give her sufficient notice (written)> she has it written on her paperwork, as I spoke w her several times.She says I am bound by the contract.Is this true? . I believe with major construction issues occuring 50 feet from my bedroom window(noise at all hours) that they are fearful that they may not be able to lease this apt right now. please advise

HomeGuru

chynrain said:
CALIFORNIA. I recently tried terminating my lease early, by 2 mths. I originally was on a 6mth lease. My husband did not sign our lease and our leasing agent was trying to negotiate a month to month option, which would allow me to leave w/ a shorter notice. (without having to pay for the "buy-out") she stated that their atty says my signature alone was sufficient, and that a 60 day notice was needed. On that day I gave her a verbal notice of intent to vacate at end of lease(which she has documented)that was 60 days ago. Now, when I call her to confirm our move-out date she states I did not give her sufficient notice (written)> she has it written on her paperwork, as I spoke w her several times.She says I am bound by the contract.Is this true? .

**A: I am certain it is true that she told you that.
And since you did not give written notice to vacate, the lease remains in effect.

I believe with major construction issues occuring 50 feet from my bedroom window(noise at all hours) that they are fearful that they may not be able to lease this apt right now. please advise
**A: could be true but not relevant to your issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">