• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease Violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silentgi77

Arizona law. My garage door cracked down the middle and stopped working 4 months ago, the rental agency (remax infinity) had a garage repair guy come out. Repairman was able to get the door to function and recommended to remax a new door. A week later the door stopped working again, repairman came out again, recommended door replacement and stated eventually the door will fall. No one replaced the door and IF it works (usually wont go down) it sags in the middle and the crack continues to grow. I verified by email that remax knows of this condition, and in fact admitted to getting the replacement recommendation months ago. It's been months and I got fed up and bought a house, but because Im breaking my 2 year lease 4 months early they want me to pay full term and relisting fee's unless I get new tenants, but who's going to move in with a non working unsafe garage door? Can I get out of my lease? HOA is now threatening to fine me because I cant get the garbage cans into the garage.

Last edited:

FarmerJ

Take pics of the door and send certified letter about the garage door and in the letter that no one in their right mind will sign a lease with a garage door that is not safe or a hazard so since they have known about it for so long this is your notice to them that if its not fixed then any fines assessed by the HOA you will not pay since they would have broken your lease for failing to repair it. See this is not a cosmetic issue like paint or carpet , it is a mechanical feature and if the hoa attempts to fine you for it refuse to pay since it is a direct result of the LLs failure to address the door. as far as fees to re list Id tell them BS since they would have had to anyway when you would have refused to renew. ( you may have to negotiate for a flat fee settlement to end the lease but seriously you could have called your city inspections long ago and complained about this )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">