• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leased vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? colorado

1 more question on previous post:

When I move I will be using my leased vehicle which will also be surrendered in BK.

After I arrive in other state I was going to call leasing company, tell them about filing for bk, where the car is now, and that I want to make it available to them for repo or ????

Does anybody know the laws for this situation ie: turning in a car ina different state then the state you leased it in.

Thanks for any info, Im using a flat rate BK lawyer and they are not much help with questions like this.


Senior Member
Boy, you're getting out of town one step ahead of the hounds aren't you {VBG}?

Seriously, I wouldn't play around with the car. I assume you have made arrangements for transportation in your new abode. Why not get a friend to drive you to wherever and just surrender the car at the dealer? Make life easier for everybody.


Yep Im gonna be moving quick, Im very lucky that I have a chance to live rent free in another state for a while till I get back on my feet. I dont have the money for the august rent so I dont have a choice anyway.

On the leased car, your suggestion would be my first choice, but, since Im moving accross the country I really dont have anyone to drive me. plus I will be hauling a trailer so I really need a truck which is what I have leased now. and the difference between renting a uhaul trailer and a truck is about $ 1000.00

So Im kinda stuck with the situation and trying to figure out best way to handle the car once Im in new state..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential