• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leasing Land, Selling Improvements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbucka

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Is it possible to sell the improvements on land (house, office building, shopping center) and lease out the rights to the land to the purchaser? Furthermore, can you do this while still financing the property yourself? Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!

ENASNI

cbucka said:

Is it possible to sell the improvements on land (house, office building, shopping center) and lease out the rights to the land to the purchaser? Furthermore, can you do this while still financing the property yourself? Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!

... HUH?...

HomeGuru

cbucka said:

**A: yes you can but it is a complicated transaction. Normally, the improvements are owned by the land owner and leased together with the land on a master lease.

ENASNI

sure

HomeGuru said:
**A: yes you can but it is a complicated transaction. Normally, the improvements are owned by the land owner and leased together with the land on a master lease.

Show us up HG.. whatever.. no more dancing for you in my red thong till I get an apology... :D

cbucka

Complicated, Yes, but how would you do it?

While I understand that it would be a complicated process, do you know of anyone I could talk to or places I could check out that would guide me on how to make it happen? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">