• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving the Scene of an Accident and Illegal acts of the other Motorist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Freespirit7

What is the name of your state? Tx

This is a long story. So, I am going to focus on the issue of leaving the scene of an accident and what I feel is illegal acts of the other motorist. I was driving North on Mopac (freeway), turning right onto 35th st (which is a main street), I came to a Yield sign, pulled out from the yeild sign into the left lane on 35th St. The traffic heading westbound was heavy. I see this car dart out from a side street on my left (Oakmont), he was coming from a stop sign. I was already in the left lane. I begin to merge to the right to avoid missing him. I didn't even have time to see if anyone was coming on the right side of me. He darts out, side swipes me. I stop my vehicle, get out, look at my vehicle, and there was only a scratch. I have never been in an accident and I've been driving for 20 yrs. Seeing that it was only a scratch and the fact that he hit me I decided to blow it off. I told him he was lucky, got back in my car, and proceeded on. Someone drove up beside me and threw something against my windshield. I look over startled, this guys yelling at me that he's a police officer (offduty) and for me to pull over. I'm pissed. I get hit and I'm being attacked by this young arrogant off-duty police officer when I'm the one that got hit. I pull over at Subway, get out, the guy that hit me pulled up, this off-duty police officer is telling me I'm going to jail, that I was driving over the speed limit on Mopac. Which was a street that I wasn't even on when this guy hit me. I was driving 5 miles over the speed limit on the st. he was talking about (Mopac). Which has absolutely nothing to do with this guy hitting me on 35th St. Anyway, I feel like I'm the victim here. I've never been in an accident, got a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident. I've got this guy suing me, he sends me a greetings card in the mail with a slice of cake on it and a letter stating that if I haven't already I should be getting a ticket in the mail. How does he know I'm getting a ticket in the mail, and I don't even know about it? This is obvious discrimination, he is talking to this police officer that was off-duty and that I believe issued these tickets. Isn't it against the law for the other motorist to know that I got a ticket before I do? I was ignorant to the fact that I was leaving the scene of an accident. I didn't know I would get a ticket or I would not have moved an inch. This guy put in the police report that he inched out from a side street onto 35th, the cars going eastbound stopped to let him thru. He said that he pulled out, onto 35th and saw this car coming 4 car lengths behind him in his rearview mirror. Excuse me, but he can't see me in his rearview mirror, he's coming from a side street on my left and side swiped me. What's wrong with this pic. I feel like I'm getting nailed to the wall!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">