• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leaving the scene

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mistake4

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS
i was ticketed for leaving the scene of an accident and improper lane usage after briefly falling asleep and bumping into the car next to me. now i have to go to court. what will happen? what do i do?

tammy8

Did your insurance company pay the damages of the other vehicle? If so take a letter from your company stating that the damages have been taken care. Sometimes the DA will have pity on you and reduce the charges although hit and run are rarely reduced.

M

mistake4

it just happened a couple days ago. my insurance company was just contacted today by the other one. i assume my company will pay for damages.

tammy8

In our state, if you are convicted of hit and run, you are accessed drivers license and insurance points (similar to reckless driving so expect to have to go substandard on your insurance maning HIGHer rates). Usually community service is also assigned. HIre an attorney and see if he can get the hit and run to unsafe movement or something similar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">