• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left for dead.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I believe that it's much more likely that the OP was simply blown off, not that the phone was hacked.
Probably.

Although Chinese hackers have been playing a lot of hacking games in Alaska this year, a Chinese hacker is unlikely to send a text message of the sort received by Mark. More likely, any text sent would be the sort of message we receive on the forum - a lot of Chinese with a few English "Nikes!" and "Coach bags!" thrown in. :)

justalayman

I texted him at 6:15 at 7:00 he sent me his location and "I'm on my way" I texted to give my wife gas or to get me.... mo reply. So I waited and at 8:30 he said his phone was hacked and asked if I was there. I said yes. Thinking he was on his way I waited. 3 hrs. I figured he wasn't coming. I then had to call around to find someone who could send my wife some cash she could come get me. Cell phones are spotty on the road. My wife took 4 hrs to get there and get me. I did contact other people after he said on my way but decided help due to him being on his way.
As you read (if you read all the responses:

Nobody had an obligation to render aid. They all could have let you freeze to death. Nothing illegal about it.

Even if your father in law had actually responded in the original message and said he was coming, since you survived, you have no damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">