• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left for dead.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

If one stays in one's car it could be fairly easy to do, especially if there's even just a little bit of sun. Of course, there wouldn't be for the whole 12 hours or if it an overnight event.
Yes. I think the "left for dead" might have been a bit melodramatic.

Just Blue

Yes. I think the "left for dead" might have been a bit melodramatic.
lol...Ya think? When I read the thread header I thought it was about an attempted murder. Still trying to figure out why OP posted this in this forum. Perhaps he accused his FIL of trying to kill him and FIL is gonna sue OP?

quincy

lol...Ya think? When I read the thread header I thought it was about an attempted murder. Still trying to figure out why OP posted this in this forum. Perhaps he accused his FIL of trying to kill him and FIL is gonna sue OP?
I have some ideas on why the placement of the thread in this section of the forum.

But this section I suppose is as good as any other. :)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ISTM that, when you live in places with a possibility of extreme conditions of any type, it's wise to always have a go-to bag in the trunk. Given that OP was moving between two parts of AK, it wouldn't be a stretch to think he should know that it could get cold (and he had a trailer of stuff - perhaps even a blanket or two for padding?). And, uumm.... who does that kind of trip - in a remote area - w/o adequate gas?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I was a kid...But I remember the horror stories when we finally got electricity back on. My parents ALWAYS kept extra warm clothing/blankets and food in the trunk just in case ....
I was in college, and we had a flu epidemic on campus at the same time.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
ISTM that, when you live in places with a possibility of extreme conditions of any type, it's wise to always have a go-to bag in the trunk. Given that OP was moving between two parts of AK, it wouldn't be a stretch to think he should know that it could get cold (and he had a trailer of stuff - perhaps even a blanket or two for padding?). And, uumm.... who does that kind of trip - in a remote area - w/o adequate gas?
IKWYM! Like, why don't you keep a case of handwarmers in your vehicle if you're out there?

I was in college, and we had a flu epidemic on campus at the same time.
One of my classmates died of flu that year during one of the snow breaks. :(

quincy

Who does the OP think he can sue?

Gail
Mark would not have a lawsuit against the hacker (although the father-in-law might and there could be criminal charges against the hacker) and Mark would not have a lawsuit against his father-in-law even if the hacker story was false and the father-in-law ignored Mark's plea for help. There are no damages.

He might want to see about family counseling. And buy a book on survival in the wild - should his car break down (on a main traffic route) again.

My brother-in-law bought military rations for all in the family one year and we kept them in our car for an emergency. One day we were stopped at a railroad crossing waiting for an exceedingly long, slow train to pass. The kids were hungry and screaming so we broke into the rations. Not exactly the type of emergency the rations were intended for ... but it kept the kids quiet until the train passed. :)

The peanut butter, by the way, is like a sheet of peanut brittle. Not too bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">