• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

left turn accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

So what does this mean as far as I go. You mean she could make a shortcut and when she hit me it will still be my fault
It means that you should not have made a left turn across southbound lanes if there was southbound traffic that did not allow for you to make the turn safely.

If the other driver violated a law in turning right, the other driver can also be at fault for the accident.

Who is more at fault is a question for the court.

justalayman

So what does this mean as far as I go. You mean she could make a shortcut and when she hit me it will still be my fault
From what you have described it is primarily your fault. You entered the area she had right of way. There was a collision. The presumption is you are at fault. What direction she was going doesn’t really matter as she simply had right of way as a matter of law.

Just Blue

Last June you lost your CDL due to vision issues. You might consider not driving until your vision returns to normal...if it can return to normal. For the safety of all on the road.

adjusterjack

Yep, that's right. You have to yield to oncoming vehicles. That she was going to continue to Magee in the "un-lane" south of Cool Drive is only speculation on your part.

Can someone also tell me if the insurance company refuses to fix the car because they feel it is not worth it. What can I do or what will happen to my car

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Can someone also tell me if the insurance company refuses to fix the car because they feel it is not worth it. What can I do or what will happen to my car
They will pay you the value of the car at the time of the accident and then take the car away. An alternative is that you can "buy" the car back from them by receiving a smaller payment. You can then have the vehicle fixed, but it will have a "branded" title.

adjusterjack

Which insurance company? Yours or the other driver's? If the other driver refused to pay for the car it won't be because it's not worth it, it'll be because their insured is not liable. If that happens and you have Collision coverage your own company will pay for the repairs or the total loss. In either solution you'll have a deductible. If you don't have Collision coverage you pay for your own repairs, drive the car as is, if drivable, and if not, see what you can get for it at a wrecking yard.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Which insurance company? Yours or the other driver's? If the other driver refused to pay for the car it won't be because it's not worth it, it'll be because their insured is not liable. If that happens and you have Collision coverage your own company will pay for the repairs or the total loss. In either solution you'll have a deductible. If you don't have Collision coverage you pay for your own repairs, drive the car as is, if drivable, and if not, see what you can get for it at a wrecking yard.
This response is much better. Mine was based on the assumption that you would be going through your own insurance, and that was a bad assumption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">