• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

left turn accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Can anyone tell if I am in the wrong in the following accident. I was heading northbound on Oracle road and when i got to Cool Drive to make a left turn I got cleared by 3 motorist that were in the southbound lanes but aftyer I turned anothe vehicle hit me while I was in the berm of the road.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Can anyone tell if I am in the wrong in the following accident. I was heading northbound on Oracle road and when i got to Cool Drive to make a left turn I got cleared by 3 motorist that were in the southbound lanes but aftyer I turned anothe vehicle hit me while I was in the berm of the road.
To remind others, you live in Arizona.

It is difficult to tell from your description if you were at fault or not.

Where was the car that hit you? Behind you? In the southbound lane?

Were police called? Were you cited?

Off topic: How is your vision since your eye surgery last August?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What is "the berm of the road"?

If you failed to yield to opposite bound traffic while turning left it's your fault most likely, but your explanation of the event leaves a lot to be desired.

As I said I was turning left onto another street and all the cars going into the opposite direction let me through but this on lady who hit me in the right from side of my car was not in a regular lane when she hit me. She was trying to get around all the cars that were allowing me to turn left.

adjusterjack

What do you mean by "not in a regular lane"?

Here's a view of the intersection going northbound on Oracle approaching Cool Drive.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.3531904,-110.974494,3a,53.4y,342.57h,83.81t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDr18mmV0YJQefY_n174ICQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Here's the aerial view:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W+Cool+Dr+&+N+Oracle+Rd,+Oro+Valley,+AZ+85704/@32.3536332,-110.9749809,193m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86d60ccaa0793517:0xf847fb7696d91bc9!8m2!3d32.3535347!4d-110.9743834
Southbound view:

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.3539766,-110.9745485,3a,60y,179.13h,74.58t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQCn5ZnTUz6pIaJMnlYp1eg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Are you saying that all three lanes of southbound traffic let you through and she came down the southbound right turn lane and hit you just as you completed your turn?

Or did two lanes of traffic let you through and she came down the third lane and hit you?

Probably wouldn't make any difference but it would be nice to clear that up. Keep in mind that she had the right of way regardless if she was going to make the right turn or drive straight through.

yES SHE WAS IN THE RIGHT TURN LANE BUT DID NOT MAKE A RIGHT TURN BUT KEPT GOING STRAIGHT THROUGH ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THAT IS NOT A LANE

Also is their a law in the books about makiong your own lane just because there is a lot of traffic and one can't get around the traffic without going around them on the side of a road.

justalayman

Which is it

Was she in the right turn lane and went straight through the intersection or did she drive on the apron outside of the lanes, and presuming she was intending on going straight.

Or was she actually intending on turning right?

And if there was traffic in the southbound right turn lane and room to enter onto Cool Drive, why weren’t those cars turning onto Cool Drive?

It,sounds like she was in the right turn lane, which gives her right of way. If you were turning left, you would have been within her right of way area when contact was made even if she was turning right therefore you appear to be st fault.

Last edited:

justalayman

She lives on magee road so I belive she was making a shortcut on the side of the road to get to the right turn lane to magee
So,was she in the right turn lane or the apron beside the right turn lane?

Especially if she was in the turn lane, the impact would have been in an area she had right of way to since you would have had to be on the northern side of the intersection to enter cool drive. That is within an area that even if she was turning right she would have used to make the turn.

As,you should see, it is very difficult to understand the actual facts of the situation without seeing it oneself. That makes it difficult to give you much more than speculation as to fault. Exactly where the cars were when the impact happened and where on the cars the impact occurred can matter. It’s very difficult to convey that with the written word.

If she was going to make a right turn on cool drive she would have missed me as I would have seen her in time so she must have tried to make a shortcut around other cars to the right lane when she hit me. Her car hit me directly into the right front side of my causing the right front wheel to buckl;e so that just says she was not making a right turn as she would have just hit me in the bumper area of my car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">