• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal action against husband's ex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.




I've been having problems with my husband's exgirlfriend for years on and off, but it's been getting worse. She now has acquired my cellular phone number (which is not listed) and has called me to tell me that she still sees my husband and that she even sleeps with him. That I should give up on him and leave him so that she can keep him. She has insulted me, and it's not the first time. She haunts us. We have moved approximately 10 times since we got married about 8 years ago, and she always knows where we are. She doesn't give up and I'm fed up. My husband is no help either. One minute he promises me that he doesn't see her anymore and the next he ignores me and leaves. I don't want to divorce him, but I don't want to deal with her either. My question is, what can I do, legally, to stop her from bothering me so? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

We live in Texas, and have 3 wonderful little girls. I want them to live with their father.
Thank you all for your comments.


mary ray

I would 1st report this to your telephone co. I then would report this to the police. I had a client whose ex's girlfriend did the same thing to her. It's amazing how resourceful this people can be in obtaining peoples unlisted tel #. We eventually had to take her to court and get a restraining order. It was an ordeal.And as you might have guessed did not stop her but for a little while. The only hope is that she will tire of this and move on, but apparently not. Your husband's attitude is somewhat puzzling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential