• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Advice on threatening customers??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HenryT

Hello,
I work as a manager (new) for a nail salon. I ran into an issue the other day between a customer and employee. Now the customer is demanding the employee's real name as most nail technician have fake english names to make it easier for customers to remember them. The employee doesn't consent to me giving out her real name as that would be private information for her. Now the customer is all over her fb and the business yelp page defaming and trying to get other people to come to our store and bring trouble and take pictures and video of the technician. One individual even threaten to "kick her in the teeth or the pussy". what should i do?

HenryT

Also the issue caused was because the customer had wanted her nails a certain way. Even though the technician had urged and advised against doing it that way as it would seriously damage the nails. But the customer insisted saying "I'm the customer, I would like it that way. So please do it"
Later on continued to complained throughout the service about it hurting even though she had wanted her nails filed down extremely thin as she wanted them to look more "natural" when the powder(dip) goes on.

quincy

Why is this woman still a customer?

You can, and should, call the police if anyone comes into the salon and causes trouble.

quincy

Why is the customer demanding her name. It's clearly visible on her manicurist license that is hanging on the wall inside the salon, isn't it?
HenryT never provided the name of his/her state (could it be Connecticut?) and a license does not (necessarily) have to be displayed on the walls of a salon.

Last edited:

quincy

With luck - and if HenryT's state is actually Connecticut - the customer will be banned from the salon long before 2020. :)

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
How did the customer get "all over" her FB page if she did not already have the girls's name?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">