• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal advice to take my daughter to my home country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Inchara0910

hai I am Indian citizen staying in usa in h4 visa with my husband and daughter. My daughter is usa citizen and I have her passport, ssn with me. Currently I and husband r going through very tough time in our relationship and I am planning to move out of the home and go to india.We still didn't go to any court or anything. My question is that i want to take my daughter too with me to india. So will their be any issue by my husband or immigration people if I take my daughter to india.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
hai I am Indian citizen staying in usa in h4 visa with my husband and daughter. My daughter is usa citizen and I have her passport, ssn with me. Currently I and husband r going through very tough time in our relationship and I am planning to move out of the home and go to india.We still didn't go to any court or anything. My question is that i want to take my daughter too with me to india. So will their be any issue by my husband or immigration people if I take my daughter to india.
You will need to get your husband's permission.

Edit to Add: What US state do you reside in?

Inchara0910

actually he also don't want to be with me. I am a stay home mother. But I have some money to book tickets. I am feeling safe to stay with him. So I want to go to my home country.

Inchara0910

I am been in Florida for 5 years now. I dono will he sign or not. But I don't feel safe to stay. I am in very abusive and bullying relationship now

Zigner

So, your child is a resident of Florida, as are you. You're not "staying" in Florida, you're living in Florida.

You will need permission from the child's father. You cannot simply leave with the child against the wishes of the child's father.

Inchara0910

So, your child is a resident of Florida, as are you. You're not "staying" in Florida, you're living in Florida.

You will need permission from the child's father. You cannot simply leave with the child against the wishes of the child's father.
Ok thank u so much . I think I will try to get letter of consent from him and then travel. Thank u

Zigner

It may...And as the OP seems to have a bit of an issue with English I just want to make sure.
In further researching my own question, I see there's a possibility that the child also has Indian citizenship. I believe that the OP would have mentioned it if that were the case.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I am been in Florida for 5 years now. I dono will he sign or not. But I don't feel safe to stay. I am in very abusive and bullying relationship now
If you believe that you are in an abusive relationship and that staying with your husband is physically dangerous, get help.

https://www.fcadv.org/

Do not just leave. If you do that, you put your continued custody of your child at risk.

Since you have a H4 visa, would it be correct to assume that your husband is here on an H1B visa? Your husband is not a permanent resident (green card)?

How old is your child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">