• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal aid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? florida

Does anyone know where i can find low cost legal aid in broward county florida? I have tried the fl. legal aid site n the #s dont work. Is there anywhere else to look

seniorjudge

newmommy20 said:

Does anyone know where i can find low cost legal aid in broward county florida? I have tried the fl. legal aid site n the #s dont work. Is there anywhere else to look
florida broward county legal aid

Google this and start looking.

Gracie3787

Florida Legal Aid doesn't handle visitation or custody cases, they only do CS and domestic violence. I forget what your situation is, but you should be able to find the number in your local phone book, or call the court clerk's office and they should be able to give you the #.

You can also get a low cost consultation by calling the Bar Lawyer Referral Service 1-800-342-8011.

Gracie3787

newmommy20 said:
it would be for custody n visitation. i should call the bar referal service? is there a site? Any other ideas?
No, I don't believe they have a website, although you can google for it.
You can try going to your county's law library (usually located in the courthouse) to see if they have a list of attorneys who do pro bono work. The court clerk's office might have that info also.

B

betterthanher

newmommy20 said:
it would be for custody n visitation. i should call the bar referal service? is there a site? Any other ideas?
The referral service is the best way.

seniorjudge

newmommy20 said:

This is not going to fall into your lap.

You will have to do legwork, computer work, and telephone work.

http://orangecountybar.org/

I don't know if this is the county you live in but ask them for help telephone numbers in your county.

Become a pest to the bureaucrats. A nice pest, however.

http://www.lawsource.com/also/usa.cgi?fl

Scroll down to bottom of page. Item #5. "Low-cost legal aid"

I have a place in Ft.Lauderdale. I always concluded any of my unpleasant due diligence missions in Broward by stopping by "Shooters" on the intercoastal waterway, just south of Oakland Park Blvd crossover bridge to A1A. No legal info there, but it will help you re-align that depressed mood you will surely have acquired by the end of a long day chasing down information.

I'm wearing my Shooters hat right now!

<<<<<<<<< lol >>>>>>>>

just a thought......good luck.

Last edited:

Gracie3787

Gracie3787 said:
Florida Legal Aid doesn't handle visitation or custody cases, they only do CS and domestic violence. I forget what your situation is, but you should be able to find the number in your local phone book, or call the court clerk's office and they should be able to give you the #.

You can also get a low cost consultation by calling the Bar Lawyer Referral Service 1-800-342-8011.
:eek: Oops, I'm sorry, I stated the wrong thing (yesterday was a little weird for me).

Legal Aid DOES handle visitation/custody cases, but they don't handle CS cases.

I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.
Gracie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">