• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Assistance Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cozyheart

What is the name of your state? New York, N.Y. :confused:

My LTD benefits have been terminated. I am in the process of my third appeal. The other appeals have been successful and benefits have been reinstated. However, this round seems to contain to many legal loopholes for a layperson to understand. Therefore, I need legal assistance. I have contacted several lawyers, names which researched through this web site. Unfortunately, was informed by them that although I do have a case, the amount of money that the insurance company was paying me on a monthly basis is not enough of an incentive for them to take on contingency. Consequently, I would have to pay a fee between $175 to $340 per hour. Obviously, being on disability limits my income. Does anyone know of a firm or individual lawyer that has a more reasonable payment plan or willing to take it on contingency? Please time is of the essence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">