• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I am unmarried with a two month old, the babies father did not sign the POA at the hospital, he says he has signed it and mailed it now. At this point the babies name is not on the birth certificate and I have filed for child support. The babies father is in the service in Texas, has not attempted to see the baby nor has sent any type of support but has stated he is coming to visit the 22-23 of December. The child support hearing is December 17. Does he have any legal rights to take the baby? I will let him see her but want to know my options.


Senior Member
At this point in time, you are the child's only legal parent and are not required to release the child to anyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential