• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal disclaimer for web application for clinical research, HIPPA compliance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

Let's be blunt. The lawyers telling you everything is good to go need to write or at least authorize the disclaimer, since only they seem to matter.

quincy

Let's be blunt. The lawyers telling you everything is good to go need to write or at least authorize the disclaimer, since only they seem to matter.
I have a sneaking suspicion that no lawyers have been involved yet, hence the search for answers here. :)

An attorney should be involved, however, and not only for the drafting of the terms and disclaimer but to ensure the web application complies with all applicable laws.

FlyingRon

There are darned few attorneys here and none of the ones who are here are qualified to advise you on HIPAA or medical device compliance.
This is a very specialized area. When I was the Vice President of a medical software company, we had both specialized attorneys and medical device consultants (ours was an MD who was involved in that area).

The forum doesn't do lawyer referrals either. There are some "referal" links eleswhere on this site or you can try https://www.martindale.com/

ut we do not have lawyer so the only thing left before production deployment is disclaimer etc. Hence here searching for someone who can help us.
If you haven't previously had an attorney involved, you're not at the "last step." Disclaimers don't mean anything. As I stated earlier on, you can't fix the HIPAA and FDA deficiencies with a disclaimer (other than telling people you aren't compliant and they shouldn't use it).

quincy

... Agreed & the quest for attorney brought us here.
Good. Now your quest should take you to a law firm in your country that handles international law. We cannot assist with drafting your disclaimer or the terms and conditions of use as that falls outside the scope of this forum.

I had been thinking your app would come under one of the Appendix A applications that are not regulated. It is good that you checked.

You are smart to be getting the legalities dealt with before the launch of your web app. I wish you success with it.

eric1988

There are darned few attorneys here and none of the ones who are here are qualified to advise you on HIPAA or medical device compliance.
This is a very specialized area. When I was the Vice President of a medical software company, we had both specialized attorneys and medical device consultants (ours was an MD who was involved in that area).

The forum doesn't do lawyer referrals either. There are some "referal" links eleswhere on this site or you can try https://www.martindale.com/

If you haven't previously had an attorney involved, you're not at the "last step." Disclaimers don't mean anything. As I stated earlier on, you can't fix the HIPAA and FDA deficiencies with a disclaimer (other than telling people you aren't compliant and they shouldn't use it).
Understood, thanks for the response.

eric1988

Good. Now your quest should take you to a law firm in your country that handles international law. We cannot assist with drafting your disclaimer or the terms and conditions of use as that falls outside the scope of this forum.

I had been thinking your app would come under one of the Appendix A applications that are not regulated. It is good that you checked.

You are smart to be getting the legalities dealt with before the launch of your web app. I wish you success with it.
Understood, thanks for the response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">