• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcroyalsfan5

What is the name of your state?OK

I live in NC but own a home in OK. I decided to rent out the home in OK and found a renter. She signed a one year lease. She has paid June's rent and part of July's but I still have not received August's rent. With September quickly approaching, she will owe me even more money.

I have sent her two Demand for Rent notices. The first was sent in July via registered mail, but she never went to get it from the post office. However, a copy was put on her car at the rental property and she acknowledged that she got it during a phone conversation. I sent another one in August and again she acknowledged receiving it in a phone conversation.

Last week, she told me that she sent money and if I didn't receive then she would wire me the money. After I didn't receive the money via USPS, she agreed to wire the money to me. However, she never did and I cannot reach her via the telephone.

I need to know how to legally evict someone and collect what is due to me. Since I have not been able to collect rent money, I am becoming strapped for cash and may not be able to afford to spend a lot on a lawyer.

HomeGuru

kcroyalsfan5 said:
What is the name of your state?OK

I live in NC but own a home in OK. I decided to rent out the home in OK and found a renter. She signed a one year lease. She has paid June's rent and part of July's but I still have not received August's rent. With September quickly approaching, she will owe me even more money.

I have sent her two Demand for Rent notices. The first was sent in July via registered mail, but she never went to get it from the post office. However, a copy was put on her car at the rental property and she acknowledged that she got it during a phone conversation. I sent another one in August and again she acknowledged receiving it in a phone conversation.

Last week, she told me that she sent money and if I didn't receive then she would wire me the money. After I didn't receive the money via USPS, she agreed to wire the money to me. However, she never did and I cannot reach her via the telephone.

I need to know how to legally evict someone and collect what is due to me. Since I have not been able to collect rent money, I am becoming strapped for cash and may not be able to afford to spend a lot on a lawyer.
**A; you are being scammed. File court action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">