• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lcronk03

I live in Alabama. I want to know how to go about putting a fathers name on my childs birth certificate even though he is not the biological father. There is no father currently on the birth cert. My child was born in Michigan so his birthcertificate is from MI. :confused:

nextwife

Great idea. I want to put Bill Gates on my daughter's birth certificate, even though he's not the biological father.

lcronk03

legal father

brisgirl825 said:
That can only be done with an adoption, otherwise it is paternity fraud.
Can I ask you where u got the info? I would like to look into how to go about him adopting then because he has been there from the beginning and is really interested in becoming his father. He is the father of my other two children and we would like this to be true for all of them. Thank you for your "real" advise.

Gracie3787

nextwife said:
Great idea. I want to put Bill Gates on my daughter's birth certificate, even though he's not the biological father.
I love my daughter, but the heck with her, I want to put Bill Gates on MY birth certificate. :D
Gracie

Rushia

lcronk03 said:
I live in Alabama. I want to know how to go about putting a fathers name on my childs birth certificate even though he is not the biological father. There is no father currently on the birth cert. My child was born in Michigan so his birthcertificate is from MI. :confused:
Google is your friend. I hit on several sites for your state and it looks as if the biofather has to be notified. I read your post from the other thread. It looks as if you try to do the adoption without notifying him, you will be in big trouble and the adoption could be overturned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">