• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal fees and step-parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bpm

Can a step parent be held liable for their spouses attorney fees in a custody dispute with their ex? My husband's lawyer sued me for his attorney fees in his custody dispute with his ex. He was not my lawyer and it was not my lawsuit.

CSO286

Can a step parent be held liable for their spouses attorney fees in a custody dispute with their ex? My husband's lawyer sued me for his attorney fees in his custody dispute with his ex. He was not my lawyer and it was not my lawsuit.
I'm sorry, US law only.

ETA: You list your location as Missouri. So, I'll ask: When your husband retained the lawyer, did you sign anything in his office?

Just Blue

So...The hubby's kids are "yours" when you posted before...but now it has nothing to do with you?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/split-custody-two-children-child-support-604859.html

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Lovely. This is the overstepping stepmom who kept referring to the children as HERS and stating SHE had custody of the stepchildren and she was going to let HER daughter make the decision of whether the child wanted to live with her and her husband or the child's actual mother.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This is hilarious. YOU were so overstepping at the time and now that there is a financial cost, you want NOTHING to do with it? HA HA HA HA HA HA. This is completely and totally entertaining. Thought the child was also YOUR daughter. :rolleyes:

Just Blue

This is hilarious. YOU were so overstepping at the time and now that there is a financial cost, you want NOTHING to do with it? HA HA HA HA HA HA. This is completely and totally entertaining. Thought the child was also YOUR daughter. :rolleyes:
Only HER child until $$ comes into play. OP is rather a deadbeat parent...
;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">