• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Guardian Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deewa

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My ex has remarried, and lists his new wife as my 2 daughters legal guardian on their school registration forms. I am registering them next month, and would like to have info on this before hand. We live in the same town, joint custodial responsibilities, joint parenting time, everything joint.
She(the new wife) has virtually nothing to do with my daughters when they are there. Is she considered to be their legal guardian just because she married my ex?
Thanks for any info.

BL

deewa said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

My ex has remarried, and lists his new wife as my 2 daughters legal guardian on their school registration forms. I am registering them next month, and would like to have info on this before hand. We live in the same town, joint custodial responsibilities, joint parenting time, everything joint.
She(the new wife) has virtually nothing to do with my daughters when they are there. Is she considered to be their legal guardian just because she married my ex?
Thanks for any info.
No , provide the School with Copies of Court Orders and demand her name be removed from school records .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">