• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Laws to move out as a minor.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My girlfriend and her mother and stepfather do not get along very well. Her mother is moving to Colorado, and she wants her daughter(my girlfriend) to come with her. The problem is that she does not want to go. Is it legal for her to stay in Washington with me at my home if she will be taken care of? The both of us aer 17 years old, and I will be 18 in June, and I live at home with my mother. My mother has already told my girlfriend that she can stay with us if she wants. So I was just curious if there is any possible way that she could live with me and my family? Her mother and stepfather treat her like a baby, with no trust and little love. She feels very neglected. Her father and stepmother are having marriage problems right now too. So she feel that it would be best to stay with me, somewhere where she will be loved and cared for. Is it at all legal for her to do this? Thank you.
J.H. Washington

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential