• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal malpractice/breach of fiduciary duty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjyrs

Upon making final payment for bankruptcy to discharge marital debt my attorney failed to file my case in a timely manner even tho he had all current pertinent information to do so. He also had intimate knowledge of how broke I was and the many forms of abuse my daughter and I had been put through by my wife as soon after upright law appointed him to be my bankruptcy attorney I personally hired him to be my divorce attorney.
Six weeks after my final bankruptcy payment I was rear ended on the highway resulting in an ongoing injury case and this lead to the attorney providing several blatantly incorrect legal advisements and a cavalcade of negative circumstances in my life that continue to this day. When asked why he did not file in a timely manner it took him over a year to come up with an answer that is a blatant lie and again legally incorrect.
Sadly the full details of what is happening are way to many to list here but I do have all of them fully documented.
This is not a big money case and I have had trouble finding help from another lawyer to sue this lawyer.
I am out two grand and instead of being well on my way to rebuilding my credit I still have all the debt looming over my head which is not helping me raise my daughter as a single dad in any way.
I have every tenet covered to prove malpractice and am going to sue him myself but I need help please in valuing the case and since he was appointed to me by a national firm do I sue the local attorney or the national firm or both.
I am meeting with the bar association this week as well.
Thank you for any information or guidance

quincy

Upon making final payment for bankruptcy to discharge marital debt my attorney failed to file my case in a timely manner even tho he had all current pertinent information to do so. He also had intimate knowledge of how broke I was and the many forms of abuse my daughter and I had been put through by my wife as soon after upright law appointed him to be my bankruptcy attorney I personally hired him to be my divorce attorney.
Six weeks after my final bankruptcy payment I was rear ended on the highway resulting in an ongoing injury case and this lead to the attorney providing several blatantly incorrect legal advisements and a cavalcade of negative circumstances in my life that continue to this day. When asked why he did not file in a timely manner it took him over a year to come up with an answer that is a blatant lie and again legally incorrect.
Sadly the full details of what is happening are way to many to list here but I do have all of them fully documented.
This is not a big money case and I have had trouble finding help from another lawyer to sue this lawyer.
I am out two grand and instead of being well on my way to rebuilding my credit I still have all the debt looming over my head which is not helping me raise my daughter as a single dad in any way.
I have every tenet covered to prove malpractice and am going to sue him myself but I need help please in valuing the case and since he was appointed to me by a national firm do I sue the local attorney or the national firm or both.
I am meeting with the bar association this week as well.
Thank you for any information or guidance
We cannot help you evaluate the value of your case. Sorry. That exceeds the scope of this forum.

If you are “meeting with the bar association this week,” I assume you filed a complaint against the attorney? If not, here are links to filing a complaint:

https://www.floridabar.org/public/acap/filing-a-complaint/

https://www-media.floridabar.org/uploads/2021/09/complaint-form-revisedRE-1.pdf

If you are looking to sue an attorney for malpractice, you would name the attorney as the defendant.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">