• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Notary Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rba777

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Alabama

Has anyone in Alabama or Florida had dealings with a legal notary? I researched Alabama Law and found out Alabama and Florida have what is called a legal notary and it appears if an agreement is signed by a legal notary it is almost impossible to have it changed. The reason I am looking into this is the continous litigation I have with a vengeful, hateful ex-wife. I have an enormous legal bill now because she is contesting a CS reduction I got from the judge through a CS Modification petition. I asked for the reduction because 1. My oldest daughter turned 19 and our settlement states CS ends at that time. 2. A $2500 reduction in income. In addition the children are with me 40% of the time. I pay all medical, school, dental expenses and have paid for childrens car, auto insurance, school supplies, extra-curicullar activities - you name it. In fact the only thing my ex does pay is some clothes and food and shelter for the chilren when they are with them. I have 4 children. Two girls 19 and 16 and two boys 9 and 14.
To top it off my attorney wants me to settle out of court for God knows what reason for a higher CS amount. I pay $1684 a month on my current income but was paying $2500 per month. The reason I have a CS hearing now is my wife is contending the CS reduction. She is in dire financial straits and her husband is a mooch. During deposition we discovered she is paying some of his bad debts with money she received from the sale of the house and CS. It would be great if I could get an agreement that would help stop future litigation. It is always the same old story. She gets the idea I am hinding money, files for CS modifiacation and attorneys fees. She puts up a big fight and then refuses to go in the court room. It has to stop somewhere. Help!!

BL

It wouldn't matter if you agreed to pay the higher amount or not, when she got an itch she would refill herself.

Oppose the the contested motion and stand n the Judges order.

Then If she starts filing Petitions for modifications that are baseless, in you answer State they filings are frivolous,and ask that she be admonished that If another Frivolous Petition is filed that there would be sanctions imposed, including Attorney fees, files, incarcerations,Etc. What ever the Court deems just and proper.

That would put a stop the the abuse of the system .
You deserve only to pay what you now were ordered to pay. No more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">