• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal question concerning dating site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hello i live in British Columbia canada. i was on a dating site and I got a phone number from a person who I thought was a consensual adult. I'm 43 and she said she was 38. We exchanged some sex texts (explicit sex texts, I exchanged one explicit photo of me, other did not). later in the conversation I discovered discovered thst this was a kid (said 10 or 11). i abruptly ended the text conversation. Am i in a legal issue? i feel really embarrassed, stupid and worried. My gut says probably not, but I want to be sure.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but this forum is for US law matters only. In the future, I would suggest that you actually know a person before engaging in this sort of behaviour.

Just Blue

Hello i live in British Columbia canada. i was on a dating site and I got a phone number from a person who I thought was a consensual adult. I'm 43 and she said she was 38. We exchanged some sex texts (explicit sex texts, I exchanged one explicit photo of me, other did not). later in the conversation I discovered discovered thst this was a kid (said 10 or 11). i abruptly ended the text conversation. Am i in a legal issue? i feel really embarrassed, stupid and worried. My gut says probably not, but I want to be sure.
Where is the child located? How did you "discover" the childs age?

I discovered through text. as far as i know in same city. just neef confirmation i am not criminally wrong for texting explicit with a child whom didn't appear to be via their texts and dating site profle. thanks.

For all i could know this could be a scam to lure people. i feel really ashamed (suffer from depression), need to know that I am not in a legal issue. thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I discovered through text. as far as i know in same city. just neef confirmation i am not criminally wrong for texting explicit with a child whom didn't appear to be via their texts and dating site profle. thanks.
Once again - this forum is for US LAW MATTERS ONLY.

Here's what I think: your photo turned her off. She was not enticed by your selfie/D-pic/whatever image you sent her. Upon receiving something like that, I would immediately reply with whatever I felt would end the communication. I absolutely would say I am underage, or a dying old man, or a hungry cannibal. Think about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">