• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights of homeowners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nyguy

What is the name of your state? Hi,
I live in New York and own a two family house with my brother. We both own 50% of the house. The house was originally bought for us both to live in. My brother has decided to move and I’m still living there. My brother wants to rent his portion of the house; does he have the right legally to rent his portion, if I don’t want him to

Z

zappy

You have a right NOT to have it rented out.

But that ALSO means you have the RESONSIBILTY to pay for ALL the expenses on the house.

Why should your brother pay 1/2 of the expenses out of his pocket? He is being denied his right to rent it out so he can pay his 1/2.

see its not so hard, you want the whole house to yourself then you pay for it all yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">