• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights of nonmarried tenants.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member

My Grandmother currently has a boyfriend who moved in with her about seven years ago. At that time he had a house of his own. He has recently sold that home, and now no longer has a home of his own. The condo that they are living in is owned by my parents and my grandmother pays rent. In the event of my grandmothers passing, will the live in boyfriend have any legal right to the condo?


Grandma's boyfriend

Check the Arizona LL/Tenant laws. Probably the boyfriend will move out. If he does not, he will probably become a Month to Month tenant of your parents who OWN the Condo. A MtM tenant usually ONLY requires a 30 day notice to raise the rent OR move out. Even if they were married and he has the rights of a spouse, there is NO lease, it is a Month to Month situation, your parents OWN the Condo, which ONLY requires a 30 day notice (usually).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential