• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights of parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Texas
My 16 year old has been constantly running away for thr past year. We have tried councelling, and residental care and 1 week ago she ran away from the facility. She called and told me she was in jail and was picked up for prostitution. She did not give me a location where she was detained but I found out from a friend of hers that she gave a false name and age(17). She eventually got someone to pay her bond and is now out. I don't know what is the status of her legal matter. She has contacted me but has not stated where she is, except she is with a boyfriend. She wants to come to the house to get a purse but I am suspicious and a bit afraid as I don't know who she is with. My question is this. If the officer investigating her runaway case finds her what are my options for things such as probation or boot camp, or residental care, because I know that as soon as she is returned home it will be a matter of days before she runs away. Besides the last time she ran away she told CPS that my husband had touched her and he was investigated and the case was withdrawn as he was cleared. I'm afraid that she may that she may make some wild claim against my husband and me.


When she comes home, call the police. She needs to be punished. You must turn her in when she comes home for her own good.

She was in jail but they released her on a false name and age......I am a bit skeptical...

But what exactly is your question


Senior Member
Don't believe stories from her friends. Rumors make for bad facts, and bad facts are poor things to make serious decisions on.

Speak to the officer who has taken her missing person/runaway report and tell him what you have found out. he might be able to get that information or at least verify if any of it is true.

Also, you might consider calling the local juvenile probation or prosecutor's office to see what - if any - options are available to you to help her out.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential