• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal to give OK sign to cops?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdwJava

Aren’t the “powers that be” pretty far right?

Maybe this discussion - spawned by disneykid’s question but straying from it - should be picked up elsewhere (e.g., SMF)?
Not in CA or the Congress, it seems. It's pretty distressing to hear one's beliefs and occupation so denigrated by a broad spectrum of politicians, first for 8 years by the President, and then by every branch of on'e state government followed by Congressional leaders and Presidential hopefuls.

As for moving the thread, I'm headed to work shortly, anyway, so I'll be off soon and dealing with other matters.

quincy

It is, but perhaps its a discussion worth having.
This is not a discussion forum. You could start a thread in the section of the forum where these discussions are welcomed.

I let the moderator know that the topic has strayed a bit from the question asked.

CdwJava

Carl, that goes both ways. Look at undocumented immigrants. They are currently labeled as evil when the vast majority of them absolutely are not.

I will give you an example of a family that I know in the real world. Its a married couple and both of them were brought to the US as minors. They have three American born children. They work hard and pay taxes, including paying into the social security and medicare system even though they will never benefit from either of those systems. Their children have never been to Mexico even though they do speak the language. They are young teenagers and are no different than any other American teens. They speak English with a normal midwestern accent.

The couple owns their home free and clear, and also own a couple of rental properties that they purchased as investments. On top of that they provide money to their families at home that greatly supplement those family's incomes.

They are the hardest working, most fiscally responsible, most moral people I have ever known. They are regarded as "evil" by the alt right.
The al-right and alt-left are not the problem so much as support and appeasement are provided by the mainstream of those leanings. When so-called mainstream Dems are supporting the policies and actions of violent thugs, it lends credibility and support for their actions. People are attacked - not just the police - and charges are not brought, presidential candidates and Congresspersons support such actions with words and deeds, and local politicians decry conservatives, Christians, and police in an effort to gain points with a political spectrum I cannot fathom.

I know a great many aliens and a lot of illegal ones that work, attend school, and are friends. The Best Man at my wedding was an illegal. But, I also have lost a number of friends and acquaintances to MURDER by illegal aliens. All because these people are good people doesn't mean that the laws of this nation deserve to be thwarted or the actions of the politicians that support them don't have consequences. The criminal investigation involving the murder of a Sheriff's Deputy near here was thwarted by CA law that prohibited local law enforcement from cooperating with ICE and Homeland Security and that frustrated investigation attempts and gave possible conspirators 48 hours to flee back to Mexico or elsewhere. Feel good laws have real world consequences.

TigerD

Go ahead, Have your fun. You people on here are as far from perfect as you can get
Kathy, is that you?
If so, the protective order doesn't allow you to contact me by any means.

Sorry -- last person that said I was that far from perfect was my ex-wife. But she used more colorful language.

But, to be completely honest, no one can really say what perfection is, but I tell my current wife, I am as close as she will ever see.

TD

Pinkie39

Pretty much anything that offends someone is offensive. Well, so long as the offended party is on the left. I doubt anyone would care if *I* were offended ... after all, I'm a married (one time - with children), middle aged, middle class, heterosexual, conservative, Christian, white male - I am the very definition of evil!
And my African American husband has to deal with daily slights and sometimes outright racism at work, as one of the few black people at his job, and the only one in his department. All courtesy of middle aged, middle class, conservative Christian white men. Nothing like hearing one of those aforementioned men declare that a black lesbian coworker is a "d--e N-word", then act dumbfounded that my husband was upset over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">