• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal to import non-scheduled prescription drugs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThinLizzy

I read somewhere that it is legal to import prescription drugs for personal use as long as they are not on the scheduled list. Is this true?

Shay-Pari'e

ThinLizzy said:
I read somewhere that it is legal to import prescription drugs for personal use as long as they are not on the scheduled list. Is this true?
And what is a scheduled list? Bare with me, as I don't import drugs. :rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

OK, my next question. What is it that you need to import, that you cannot legally get here?

If they are perscription drugs, why arn't you filling your perscription when it is due?

Last edited:

ThinLizzy

--PARIDISE-- said:
OK, my next question. What is it that you need to import, that you cannot legally get here?

If they are perscription drugs, why arn't you filling your perscription when it is due?
Thats just it, you don't need a prescription when importing them.

ThinLizzy

For example I have heard of people importing Retin-A cream (an acne drug) which is presciption only here. It is not a controled substance. People import it to save the hassle and expense of going to the doctor. also it is generaly cheaper.

The Occultist

This is just curiosity because I simply don't understand, but if you can only obtain a substance based on prescription (meaning that you can only obtain the substance under certain cirumstances), doesn't that make it a controlled substance?

ThinLizzy

The Occultist said:
This is just curiosity because I simply don't understand, but if you can only obtain a substance based on prescription (meaning that you can only obtain the substance under certain cirumstances), doesn't that make it a controlled substance?

nope only Scheduled drugs are controlled substances. For example antibiotics are prescription only, but not controlled substances.

Shay-Pari'e

The Occultist said:
You can get any kind of controlled drug from Mexico as an example. Read her other posts, that should clue you in.

Shes a druggie, simply put.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=256842 She gets fired.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=264033 Here she is trying to get out of paying for her own band with on the net.

Now she wants to know how to import perscription drugs from other countries.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">