• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legality of Aliases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gingerino

I posted a few tax questions to the CT Dept of Revenue site using an alias...a few weeks later I rec'd a letter from the dept stating that it had come to the attention of some Internal Systems Control Officer that I had asked numerous questions of the Agency and that they did not mind answering legitimate tax questions...and that I was being advised that from now on I had to call this person with any tax questions...so, I called him and asked WHY I got the letter, and he said "Cuz I am the man to answer your questions." SO, I asked him a tax question and he couldn't answer it! Then he said he would get back to me and I haven't heard from him...anyway, I asked my ISP how they could have gotten my name and address, and have been informed that a government agency can get a court order to release a users information and THAT I DO NOT HAVE TO BE NOTIFED...I have NO idea why they did this! I am no longer a resident of CT.

Can asking too many questions IN ANY WAY be considered illegal? The letter seems to imply that I was NOT asking legitimate questions. I wonder if the Taxpayer Assistant who had to answer my questions thought I busting his chops????????

thankx

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

I've never heard of any law that makes asking questions illegal.

G

gingerino

questions

yup --- and the right to have questions answered is in CT Statutes...but I still think I annoyed the guy and he decided to give me a message. Still waiting on word from the ISP about the subpoena...this should be interesting.

I love this forum

G

gingerino

UPDATE

Whoever wrote the letter from the DRS was bluffing---there is/was no investigation. I just PO'd some Taxpayer Assistant who neve rwnated to anser one of my questions again!..I'd pursue it, but, I figure, they must have pretty miserable jobs to do stuff like this...

..And I still love this forum (most especially, The Comedic Counsel)!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">