• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leins

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlgoblue

What is the name of your state? ohio-when property was purchased it was recorded that only one of two was deeded to me although recorder recorded both into my name. the second deed did not have proper property description on it. or the property description included only one property. a year later a lein was assesed to property from a debt of previous owner. then two more leins were added. $21,000 in all. the auditors office says the deed can be refiled for second record to record correct legal description. will this free me from leins?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

jlgoblue said:
What is the name of your state? ohio-when property was purchased it was recorded that only one of two was deeded to me although recorder recorded both into my name. the second deed did not have proper property description on it. or the property description included only one property. a year later a lein was assesed to property from a debt of previous owner. then two more leins were added. $21,000 in all. the auditors office says the deed can be refiled for second record to record correct legal description. will this free me from leins?
**A: hard to say. You should talk to the title company or have an attorney review your deeds.

J

jlgoblue

appreiate your reply. the title company was the one to bring this to my attention with the sale of the properties. did not use title company with purchase. my big misstake! yet it was the intent of seller 4 yrs ago to deed both properties to me. unfortunately only one was deeded by the property description although two were transfered. I am going to county auditors office in a few minutes to get them properly recorded. then will try to convince companies to remove leins. thanks again

J

jlgoblue

it's just a shame that because some government clerical misstake I have to pay money to prove the truth. I'm taking a $20,000 loss on property and now I may be forsed to pay another $21,000 plus interest and penalties for money I never received! 51 yrs old an still learning and suffering! thanks for your continued interest

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">