• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Let neighbor kid move in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aggrevated16

I live in fl
So my jackass neighbor just came down here... But first here's the history..

His step son moved in with me last year April... He brought his surround sound system... He got kicked out in June...

He left the system with the other kid who lived here, I was told he bought it.

The other kid moved out in sept and left the system. He owed me money so I told him whatever he left, I was selling... He said fine.

Today the neighbor kid asked if I still had it... He was told yes and that I was selling it.

Next thing I know him and his step dad are down here (mind you he's been gone for 8 months and never asked about it)

His step dad's banging on my door, I opened the door and said, I'm not discussing this....

He began screaming and cussing at me through my door... Screaming things like, don't come out of your f-ing house because I'm going to take care of you.... I'm not one to mess with I'm going to beat your f-ing ass....

I told him to get off my property and he continued to scream and threaten me....

I called 911 and was told he has freedom of speech....

So do I have the right to sell this? His kid owes me 720 in rent money

OHRoadwarrior

You should have advised the police he is trespassing and made him go to the sidewalk to yell and swear, where he would be arrested for disturbing the peace. I would hold on to it and see if D1, D2 or D3 tries to claim it or sues in court for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">