• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liabilites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worthspending

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Let's say I'm working on a website that generates puzzles based on content that you (a user) provides. Also, the website provides a mechanism to email the puzzle to friends. The email contains a link back to the website that displays the puzzle. Any user can view, print, or download a file containing the puzzle. All of this functionality is available to registered and non-registered users. An anonymous person could create a puzzle with curse words, etc. and it could circulate the internet.

How can I protect the website and the company?
Can this be cured with TOS, privacy policy, user agreement, etc.??

Any suggestions?

divgradcurl

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=368836

Just note that if you do somethig that is illegal, there really isn't any way to avoid liability via a TOS or other contract. Like I noted previously, there probably isn't anything to worry about -- it might be worthwhile to have an attorney with experience in computer law and the internet to maybe give you a survey of any laws that might cover this area, then you can decide whether or not to take the risk (if any).

worthspending

Here is my plan

This weekend, I met someone that recently passed the bar. He said that he would construct the documents for me in trade for work on his laptop. However, the condition is that I follow up by consulting with a lawyer experienced in Internet Law and show him the site and the documents. Basically, the idea is that he will give me a good base and I can have a veteran dot the I's and cross the T's.

Please let me know if anyone thinks this is a bad idea.

Thanks for all of your help!

davezan

While I kinda like the idea, I opine it's more worthwhile dealing directly with one who's well
versed on such matters, especially that of your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">