• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability from alcohol being served at event

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

louie2

Virginia. My daughter is getting married in Virginia. My wife and I am concerned about our liability due to liquor being served. We are from Connecticut and unfamiliar with Virginia. Virginia does not appear to have a dram shop law or social host law. The club is providing beer and wine; the couple must provide hard liquor due to some county law. The club employs the bartenders, has liability insurance ($10M), and contracts for the security guards. I expect that some of the guests will depart after the wedding for a long drive home after drinking (afternoon wedding ending around 4 PM). What is our liability? Should we obtain insurance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">