• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Cyndy C

I live Arizona. I had an insurance policy on a car that I owned. My son was listed as an additional driver on the policy. He was involved and responsible for an accident. The driver of the other car was not insured. I believe the injuries suffered by the other driver may exceed the policy limits, and she is being represented by an attorney. I have filled out an affidavit of no additional insurance, and my son, who is 19 and is no longer living at home, was asked to fill out a form listing all of his assets in case of a judgement against him. He really has no assets to speak of. I own only the house we live in, with a mortgage of approximately $50,000 and equity around $30,000. Can I be sued in addition to my son? And if so, can they force me to sell my residence? Thank you for any help you can give.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential