• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability Waivers for recurring events

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CAowner

What is the name of your state? CA

My husband and I, along with several friends, have started a club that organizes monthly competitive shooting matches. We are affiliated with a national organization for our specialized shooting sport. We hold our matches at a large public shooting range. The range has a general liability insurance policy.

We also have a general liability insurance policy for the club through an NRA-endorsed company. The insurance company has recommended that we have competitors sign a liabilty waiver. They provided us with a couple of samples and we took those and added some phrases from waivers of other clubs we are familiar with. At the bottom, it requests their name, address, phone, and membership number in our national organization, and signature.

My question is this: We typically have 40-70 shooters at a match. The majority of these shoot with us every month. Can we just have them sign the waiver once, and keep it on file? Or do we have to have them fill out the form and sign every time?

We want to protect ourselves, but the paperwork to register for the match is becoming onerous and time-consuming.

Thanks for any advice.

shortbus

Sure. People sign waivers when they join a gym, which covers them for every visit thereafter. However, if you're genuinely concerned about liability, get a lawyer to draft the waiver. If you make a mistake doing it yourself, it could be costly down the road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">