• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability - who is responsible for my injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

renasanz

Hi, I am from North Carolina. I recently attended a concert at our new Entertainment and Sports Arena in Raleigh (Wake County). Shortly after the show started I went to the restroom, where I was assaulted by an male in his mid-twenties. I sustained severe injuries and now question the liability of the Entertainment and Sports Arena. There were no security guards nor police officers in the vecinity of the restrooms and no warning posted to notify me that upon entering the restroom I became completely unprotected. I have pressed charges of battery against my attacker after identifying him later, but does the Entertainment and Sports Arena have any responsibility for my assault and injury? If so, what is it and how feasible would it be to press charges against them?

L

lars coltrane

Bringing "3rd party assault" cases will vary state by state. You said you had serious injuries. Get referrals to a lawyer or 2 or 3, go in for a consultation and find out if you have case or not. If the first says no, make sure to see another. This can be a complicated area and you need a good personal injury lawyer for this type of case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">